Well, packaging for the Beta release of the route has started. Identification of the items we need has been completed and we have permission to include most in an asset pack, which is even better. We are learning lots about the packaging process and the aim is to release the beta soon, and probably the initial release in a month or two.
The bad news: the asset pack currently comes in at over 280 megabytes - and that doesn’t include the Freeware Packs and two other packs needed. The current list of major “packs” is:
- 3DTrains - Rural Landscapes (free)
- 3DTrains - ScaleRoad (free)
- RSDL free models pack (DLC) - STATIONS PACK (free)
- RSDL Isle of Wight (Island Line) (payware)
- UKTS_Freeware Pack: Railway_Buildings #1 (free)
- UKTS_Freeware Pack: UK_Wagons #1 (free)
- UKTS Freeware Pack: Steam (free)
- UKTS Freeware Pack: UK Carriages (free)
There will probably be some other items that won’t go into the main asset pack, and we’ll include a full list of those in due course.