I have found a really good way to make a lofted curve+straight, where the straight needs to end at a specific place, and it works for all lofts - fences, track, roads.. The key is usually getting the curve to be of exactly the right length.
What I do now is:
- do a curve a bit longer than I need
- add the straight so I get the right length
- estimate how far out I am, then move (detatch) the straight
- cut a small amount off the end of the curve
- rejoin (join tool) the straight to check how far out the far end is now.
- If I’ve cut too much, undo and remake the cut;
- ..if too little then cut a bit more (or undo then cut more, if very little as it’s hard to cut a sliver).
With practice you can get it right in a couple of attempts, which is much faster than I’d manage otherwise!
** the “straight” can of course be curved too, but mostly for me it is a straight…